Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Favorite Sports Day

I really wanted to go to school today as a roller skater, but I couldn't find my skates--yes, yet another reason for cleaning out the attic. The students have grown up using roller blades with in-line wheels. They think the old style skates are amazingly difficult to maneuver, so I would have garnished a certain degree of awesomeness. Sigh.

Oh well. I decided to wear my backpacking gear, because I do like to hike. Since I live with an equipment junky, the question was more a matter of what to leave behind than what to take. I agreed to the hat with the sun flap for the neck, but didn't actually wear it because I still have a bit of dignity left. I also left behind the titanium "pooper-scoopper"--which some people actually use to dig a hole in the ground when they stray far from camping "facilities"--because I didn't really want to be explaining all day. I also dangled a compass from my pack, stowed a bottle of DEET for the pesky insects, and carried a cudgel in case I stumbled into a sounder of wild boars.

My students portrayed more conventional sports, I noticed. Here are a few snapshots from the classroom and the halls.

Here's golf


















Volleyball


Baseball
Football


Lacrosse

and martial arts,
otherwise known as
an opportunity to get away with going barefoot to school...

2 comments:

Old Egg said...

Firstly thank you for your visit to my blog. I often pop in to see what you are up to and as it is often so personal and family oriented I almost feel like I am intruding if I poke my nose in. One undeniable aspect of your work is love of family and of God and his world. Blog on Lilibeth.

aftergrace said...

You rock! I swear you never age one bit. I know that your students love you so much-how lucky they are to have you for a teacher.