Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Morning on the Prairie



I got a couple of hours off from classes this morning because the history teacher had taken my students to watch a town hall meeting and see their state representative in action; it gave me a chance to go have the oil changed on my car before it disowned me. Anyway. I really can't go anywhere without taking a picture or two. Here's a sunrise from the drive into town and the windmills from the trip back. The tree--well, I really can't resist a tree that's brave enough to try to grow out here in this drought.


                                                                           
                                                                             And, lest you think those clouds mean we got a break from the weather, I sadly report that we got no rain...and my car thermometer was at 110 when I left school this afternoon. I know that's hard to believe. Blue clouds mean cool weather. Right?

No comments: