Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pistol Pete

That's the dog's name. Every morning he gets to walk a mile with his faithful owner, who is partially blind. Whenever the dog sees me coming, he sends out a yelp and begins to tangle his chain with the wild hope that I will stop to pet him. If I do, however, he jumps up and puts his front paws on my chest.

That's why the previous owner--a three year old boy--gave him to my neighbor, the mile-a-morning man. I think I could cure the dog of this disconcerting jumping habit by stepping on his hind toes every time he jumped on me, but I don't want to upset the status quo, so I'll leave him ignorantly in his misconceptions of what people like as dog behavior.

3 comments:

Rose said...

cute little story to start the day. have a good day. rose

aftergrace said...

Yep, jumping dogs can be annoying. Sometimes a knee in the dog's chest will stop them from wanting to do the tango with you!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

adorable dog.
walking dogs can be fun!