Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Further Adventures of ...Lilibeth

I'm sure you're all wondering how the benevolent despot idea panned out...sorry to have kept you in such suspense. The truth of the matter is that I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to be a gypsy. After searching through about a dozen boxes in the attic to find the costume boxes, and after giving up on finding that perfect gypsy hat that I know lies in one of them, I decided, rather hurriedly with my car-poolers only minutes away, to wear my son's Brazilian Jijitsu outfit--white pants and jacket--along with a T-shirt that says "secret government ninja" across the front. I also fixed a little necklace wallet that proclaimed me a member of the secret service. Grabbing a pair of wrap around sun glasses from the garage I ran out the door, four minutes late. Wouldn't you know it! I forgot the nun-chucks and the shiny spiky weapon thing that I don't know the name of but that would have certainly impressed my students and made them just a little more wary of giving me a hard time in class. Oh well. Hi-Yah!

Today was retro day--60's to 80's. I just put on a skirt, embroidered blouse, and red bonnet and said I was from the 80's--(1880's.) Tonight I had to drive to another town to attend a rules meeting for academic team coaches. Well. Of course I changed first. What do you think I am? A geek?

Anyway, here's a video of the eighth grade class all decked out, and one of my junior high girls' class-minus one who was absent. Aren't they adorable?

2 comments:

aftergrace said...

Love the guy with the "fro"! This was really sweet. It made me long for my old middle school kids.

Carina said...

Oh, you definitely should've had the nunchucks!