Thursday, May 15, 2008

So I like Oddities...

"Mom, it's just a terribly messed up cup I made the first year of clay class, a mistake."

"I think it's neat. How did you get the glaze to crack that way?"

"It cracked because it wasn't good glaze. It didn't work."

"Could you find that glaze again, because I like the way the face peeps out."

"No. I don't even know what kind it is; someone had mixed it and left it and it was ruined. That's why it didn't work."

"It looks a little like wood. How did you do that?"

"I had to stain it, and it wouldn't take an even stain. You can't even drink out of it. It's toxic."

"Well. I like it. It has personality. It will also remind you of the first year of clay class."

"I know."

5 comments:

aftergrace said...

I think it's fun, and unique. It's a reminder that all of us are pieces of clay in God's hands, and none of us are perfect, but yet beautiful in His sight.
Tell your "art student" that I love it!!

Carina said...

It must have been destiny.

Anonymous said...

I like it. It looks like it was purposely done, like the little face is peeking out from under the glaze.

gautami tripathy said...

I absolutely love this!

Tammie Lee said...

Oh my gosh, that really is a wonderful mug (that you can't drink out of)!