Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catching Up


It's interesting how the up on the end of words changes the meaning like it does. For instance, I could never title this post "catching". It would sound like an epidemic was running rampant.

It's Mother's Day, and I feel blessed to be a mother to my three unique children. True, they are grown up now, but they are always my children. Yesterday they all pitched in and helped me clean up the house. They guys took all of Elijah's clothes down to the local laundry place and washed them there, while I washed about seven loads here and hung them up. We all dusted and picked up stuff, scrubbed windows and sorted. I even cooked up a briskett.

Claye began to sort and clean her room/studio/ye olde curiosity shoppe. It's shaping up a little and might actually be livable in a week or two.

Babystepper and Art came over, with the two grand-babies. They really liven things up. They brought me some new glasses from Michigan and we exchanged them for the unmatched jelly jars and mugs that were filling up my cabinets.

All in all, it was a profitable, enjoyable day, thanks to some great family. Things are looking up.

I'll have to 'fess up though, that I tend to overuse the word "up". Do you think I'll use it up?
Hmm. I wonder why it's never confess up?

4 comments:

aftergrace said...

It's "up" to you, dear cousin.

Carina said...

I can't really think up any "up" phrases...

Lilibeth said...

Maybe you should just make one up.

Granny Smith said...

Yes,, it comes DOWN to what prepositions one uses doesn't it? I can't get OVER how fun it is to read your blog.