Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thirteen Reasons Why I Really Don’t Have Time for Blogging:Especially not for Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen

Income Tax—I need to file it.





Unruly Hair—I need to style it.






I need to grade papers--heaps and stacks,








Defrost the refrigerator’s crammed-full racks,












Clean all the bathrooms; they’re smelling musty,








Wash my car; it’s looking dusty.










There’s a new poem book I must explore,











And stuff that needs sweeping up off the floor,









Lesson plans I have to make,












Potatoes to peel,









a supper to bake.









And then of course, I’ll frost a cake,






Because...


It’s my birthday. I’m fifty three.


And a catchy ending has eluded me.


…must be shades of senility.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, there won't be a TT from you this week?

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was my birthday and I actually usedblogging as an excuse to evade all of the chores you mentioned.

I have created a new blog for women that want to share wit and wisdom as they manage day-to-day life.

The blog features quotes of famous women and applies them to everyday situations. Please share this blog with the women in your life.

Go to http://womenofwit.blogspot.com/

We would love to hear from you, and share your favorite piece of wisdom.

SunnyBrook said...

Happy Birthday, Sis!

cindy kay said...

That was super. I loved reading your list!

Carina said...

Man! I'm really going to miss your Thursday Thirteen this week!

Robin said...

Adorable, and I love the bad hair picture.

aftergrace said...

Happy Birthday Cousin! I hope you had a wonderful day! (You don't look a day over 30..)

junglemama said...

I love this list! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Take the day off and collect lots of comments. Happy Birthday!

PamelaMKramer said...

Hope you had a glorious birthday! I'm so sorry I'm late. I've been so busy with the 5 Minutes for Mom blog party. Hey you should stop by maybe find something you want to win for your birthday!