Friday, February 1, 2008

Won't Be Long Now


Gilded hands shine on the clock

There, just past the finish line, I see a light.

Could it be...

Reflected evening sunlight from the snow?

Old Memories magnify the moments in my mind

And I hear them all--crowding in around me.

Are they here ...

I'm astonished to discover how much I love them--

These strangely-familiar people hovering,

Coming to share the conclusion of my life.

I drown in joy as

Time becomes timeless



In memory of my grandparents--all of them.

(Written for Cafe Writing. We had to use these words:

astonished, conclusion, drown, gilded, hands, magnify, snow, time)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to CafeWriting, Lilibeth. Lovely poem. Your link is live.

Anonymous said...

I get a warm feeling when I remember my grandparents - even the ones I never met!

Ambiguitylotus said...

I love my maternal grandparents. And it's really wonderful to think about them. :)

Welcome to Cafe Writing! :D

little wing writer said...

that was beautiful...

Medhini said...

Nostalgic! definitely reminded me of my grandparents.

catryan said...

How beautiful! And how lucky you are to have such a relationship with your grandparents.