Sunday, January 27, 2008

All Maestros Were Once Three Years Old

I'm going to try posting a video. (There's a first time for everything). If you are not amused by other people's three year old grandsons' pounding on the piano, don't even try this video. On the other hand, he is very cute. After the first pounding, he even settles down to what he considers real playing...well there is a kind of rhythm, and a little effort at dynamics, and a dramatic last note. His little sister accompanies on the organ. Only a grandmother would put up with this...or a mother. I don't think artistic tendencies should be stifled by people with over critical ears. Ha.


Of course I just noticed that all the cushions are off the couches in my living room and on the floor in that video. Ah well, if I had put them all back first I would have missed the moment. Youngsters are pretty impatient.

4 comments:

Carina said...

Definitely some raw talent there. Do you think I should start filling out forms for Julliard? =)

Lilibeth said...

Not yet, but piano lessons are a must!

aftergrace said...

This is darling! I especially like the high note at the end, as if "ta da".

SunnyBrook said...

Ditto what Lilibeth said...good thing you have a budding piano instructor in the family, eh?