Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ouchie

When my grandchild, Mim, came marching in the door this morning, she came chin first, just waiting for me to say: "Oh my goodness! What happened to you!" I can assure you she got the reaction she desired.

She proudly told me that she had tripped and fallen on a cement step three days ago. Her mom, told me that at first they thought she must have broken her jaw, so they took her to an emergency care clinic. Mim filled in the details with: "I cried all the way there."
Anyway, she's fine and the swelling should go down in a few days.

Later, after lunch, while she was rolling around with this big exercise ball, she motioned for me to listen to something she had to say. Then she whispered:
"Aren't you going to break out the camera?"

People who survive trauma like to let others know all about it, and Mim is no exception.

6 comments:

Carina said...

She is very proud of her ouchie, and I know she's looking forward to shocking everyone in Sunday School today.

Johanna said...

Ouch!
Z and A each have a scar on their chins from similar accidents. Z's actually looks like the letter Z. lol.

aftergrace said...

Oh my goodness. She's lucky she didn't break her jaw. She seems in pretty good spirits considering...

Robin said...

Oh my goodness, ouch is right! And that's three days later? Poor kid. She looks pretty chipper (and awfully cute) though, all things considered.

Jeeves said...

Ouch.,Thats a scary scar!

rebecca said...

Ouch! But I love her spirit! Yes, a picture for posterity please! hehe! She's so cute. Glad to hear she was okay.