Monday, January 11, 2010

It's that Crazy Time Again




Homecoming Week...dressing up, painting, acting a little maniacal.
Our theme is "City"...from "City set on a hill cannot be hid." I think the decorators used a little poetic license with the theme, however, because they turned the halls into inner city streets--yellow line down the middle, graffiti everywhere, and black lights hanging above. Today was "white-out" day; tomorrow will be "black-out". Although it was difficult to find all white clothes, almost everybody wore some thing white...which showed to advantage under the black lights. I loved the colorful graffiti on the lockers, which are interesting anyway because students use them to set up cubicles of private space. I asked Emily if I could take a picture of hers, and she acquiesced graciously.

Now I'll admit that it is more difficult to present a lecture to a room full of students in togas and insulated pajamas, but it isn't impossible...and...since it only happens a couple of weeks out of the year, I'll put up with it, just for the fun of making memories. I think it gives students an opportunity to be daring in a safe way.

1 comment:

aftergrace said...

No lights hidden under bushels at your school! They rock!