Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Poison Ivy


Be thankful. At the last minute I decided not to post a picture of my poison ivy reaction. (Some things are better forgotten.) Suffice it to say I am now on antibiotics, prednisone, and some kind of multiple-syllabic topical ointment. To celebrate the occasion I wrote a limerick.


Ode to Poison Ivy

I didn't know what I would catch
when I mowed that innocuous patch
of oddly shaped leaves.
I should have worn greaves
On the areas I now have to scratch

Here are some pictures of poison ivy for your viewing pleasure. I didn't know it could race across a flat field like this, or present itself in the form of a bush. All I can say is, it's a wonder I'm not covered from head to toe.




I copied this pictures from an official "poison ivy" site. If you are doing any outside activities this summer you should visit it first...and avoid my fate.

3 comments:

Carina said...

There's quite a bit of it around the creek and lake here too. We try to be careful.

Zaya was afraid that the "poison" in poison ivy was deadly and would kill instantly. He was relieved to learn otherwise.

Lilibeth said...

So am I.

aftergrace said...

Makes me itch just looking at it!
Love the ode. :)