Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Knew Instantly That There Would Be Another Stuffed Reindeer in the Room...


...because it happens every year about this time.

No, we don't collect penguins, or snowflakes or even angels or shepherds or sheep, but at some point in our history as a family (maybe it was the year Dairy Queen gave beany bag reindeer with kids meals) we started collecting four-footed, prancing, pawing, caribou. Of course, personalities being the way they are, my husband, Turtle, contracted an obsession for them. So, every year the red, plastic vat in the attic comes bumping and thumping its way down dusty stairs and my living room is infested with silly, sleigh-pullers. . . and every year, another one pokes its silly little snout out from between the others. It's a tradition I tolerate, at best. The latest one is particularly goofy looking. (He's the last one in the video)

Oh well, at least I don't have a fat, jolly, white-bearded man in a red suit booming loudly in the darkness behind them. Oh wait...I do. Now maybe that's why he...hmmm.



Our Sunday Scribblings Prompt was "I Knew Instantly"

12 comments:

Carina said...

I don't think Dad owns a red suit. There's a frightening thought.

Rinkly Rimes said...

The real one looks as though he'd like to join in the fun!

gautami tripathy said...

I want one!

:D

I knew instantly

Kill Word Verification

linda may said...

That is so cute!

anthonynorth said...

A great fun post. Enjoyed that.

aftergrace said...

I think the new addition is very cute, I've got a little one Mark gave me for our first Christmas together. I found a really cute tap dancing one at Hallmark the other day, I'm driving my family crazy with it. :)

Jennifer Hicks said...

lovely tradition!

Rambler said...

hey very nice tradition

paisley said...

it is wonderful to have something special to collect.... i collect things with paisley designs on them... since way before blogging was a passion.....

Tumblewords: said...

At least they aren't living in your house! Cute story!

Marguerite said...

I really enjoyed this post. Sounds like a fun tradition.

Hope you stop by sometime. You may click here to visit me.

Anonymous said...

cute! :D
Love what the prompt brings.