Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bittersweet


Well. The games were canceled due to the icy roads. Not that I really minded. We do have semester tests beginning tomorrow and the last thing the students and teachers needed was to start the whole thing off with a four hour basketball gamefest and a five hour concession stand marathon. There is a little problem, however, with what to do with the 90 hamburger buns I bought last evening in anticipation of this large-scale-money-making fund raiser for my juniors who will be seniors next year and throw away all this hard earned cash on a self-indulgent senior trip they will never forget.

Maybe we can sell them to the cafeteria--along with the chips, lettuce, and tomatoes. (the burgers, that is, not the juniors)
Everything else we'll sell to the seniors. After all, it is their turn to do concessions after the break. I'm going to celebrate by staying away from games and grading papers...or blogging...or paying bills...or washing clothes...or just padding around the house in my jammies and crocs. I'm sure it will be terribly hard on me, but I'll manage somehow.

3 comments:

aftergrace said...

Hey you deserve some time to pad around in your jammies and crocs, but please don't take a break from blogging.
About the buns, hamburger buns make for really good grilled cheese sandwiches. :)

Lilibeth said...

True. True. But ninety of them?

Carina said...

Sounds like you won't be needing that turkey I bought for Christmas after all. We'll just take hamburgers to Grandma's house in TX. Think she'd like that? (She said sarcastically.)