Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cleaning on Tuesday

Call me Wonder Woman.
Today I cleaned the carpet in the den, the foyer and the hall.
Because there comes a point of having to do something or feel embarrassed every time anyone visits, and there is only so much one can do about the spots. So, although only the evening before I had avowed that I would wait until harvest was over to clean it, I caved in with the dawn. Under the beguiling influence of my morning rush of energy I pulled out the machine and went into a frenzy of activity that lasted until time to deliver meals on wheels. I also cleaned out a bookshelf and worked on my bedroom, which was still suffering from the disease of "disorganized male whose wife is away occupancy".

Needless to say, I felt that aptly-named-by-the-British "sinking feeling" by the time afternoon came around. The grandkids were here, so I took advantage of Mim's nap time and took one myself. It was a good thing, because although I slept peacefully all unknowing, I would need strength for the pressure cooker's blowing up and spraying a pot of stew all over the stove, vent, cabinets, and floor. Ah well. Life is so back to normal.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Wonder-Mama!

aftergrace said...

Wow, you put me to shame, cousin.