Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More Famous Proverbs...Guessed at by my Students

Last week I promised you more of these...so here they are--More famous proverbs finished by my junior high students.

Thursday Thirteen


1. You can't have your cake...

...before your spinach.





2. Bad news travels...

...in circles









3. Don't cry over...
...guys

(particularly not junior high guys)















4. The road to hell is paved...
...with melted pavement










5. It takes two...
... to play ping pong










6. There's no fool like...
... one who thinks he is smarter than you.















7. The bigger they are the...
... better the football team.









8. Beauty is in the eyes... ...not the mouth












9. After the feast... ...comes dessert








10. You're never too old to.... ...skydive










11. Misery loves...
...food. (sad but true)











12. Barking dogs seldom......quit. (True. True.)









13. The pen is mightier.... ...than the county jail.











(just in case you've forgotten the real endings)
1. ...and eat it too.
2....fast.
3...spilt milk

4. with good intentions
5. to tango
6. an old fool
7. the harder they fall
8. of the beholder
9. comes the reckoning
10. to learn
11. company
12. bite
13. the sword

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your versions of these sayings. That is the biggest hamburger I have ever seen. Happy TT!

Juliana RW said...

interest post :D

Visit My T13, List of movies that I don‘t watch Thanks

Robin said...

Those are great. I especially liked #1 and #4.

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Very clever students you have there - you did a great job finding the pics.

Carina said...

I can honestly say I hadn't heard the one about the feast and the reckoning.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

LOL -- kids crack me up! At least they all make sense though, imagine if you tried to ask kindergartners!

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Ivanhoe said...

I enjoyed your list! I must admit, I had to look up a few "right" answers on the bottom.
Happy TT!

Britni said...

I think I like the new endings more than the old. At least I understand all of them now :)

Farrah said...

I had to chuckle at several of those! Very good TT! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a wonderful day!

Juliana RW said...

Thanks for ur comment on my photos :D

aftergrace said...

#11 & #12 are my favorite. Too funny about the barking dog, sometimes they just don't quit.

TorAa said...

I loved this TT. Great stuff and very innovative. Its fabulouse with all the wonderful pictures.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

The real endings seem very dull by comparison!

myrtle beached whale said...

very clever list, love the photos.

Hootin Anni said...

#12...yes, true. And the are always just next door. LOL

tasha said...

I love the minds of kids -- so honest sometimes! #6 was clever -- too funny how true #11 is. Happy TT!

Forgetfulone said...

Great T13! Thanks for visiting mine. Come back again soon.

Anonymous said...

loved this!

(remember me? a real life friend of your daughter)