Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Feel Like an Almost Designer

I haven't seen my cousin from Albuquerque in years, but I communicate with her at least twice a week via blogging or e-mail. Now, she has made a quilt for me. This was entirely her idea and shows her generous, caring spirit. I really didn't beg and plead for one.

But since she asked, I just happened to have a guest room/grandchildren's play room/room for the computer and keyboard for composing jazzy video tunes at midnight/wii room that needed a bedspread.

The twin bed in there is one built by my husband years ago for our own teenager when she shared a small room and needed storage. It needed a little spread that would fit without having to be tucked in. The rest of the furniture is left over from my son's room. So I had white furniture and black furniture in the room and didn't really want to paint it again.
She found fabric to tie it all together.
I added a couple of red pillows, bought a frame with a demo picture in it that I liked, found an old green matte up in the closet, painted it black and put it around the picture, snitched a few red/black/white things from around the house and Voila! Here it is.

I'm still lacking a wall hanging or two, and I'll certainly have to replace the knobs on the bed,
but I feel proud of what I've done so far. She also sent a pirate book for the grandkids. This evening, Grandpa, Grandma and Mim put it together. (That's it, sitting on the book case in the first picture)

So, dear Cousin, look what you started.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Carina said...

It really does look great, too. I'm sure the Grandkids are going to enjoy it.

Do you want to come decorate my house next?

aftergrace said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Everything looks great! The quilt fits in perfectly, you have a great eye for decoration.

SunnyBrook said...

Quite nice, sister mine (and cuz also)! It's a far cry from the hot pink/blue/lime/aqua/purple room of a couple years back...hehe!

Lilibeth said...

Ah well, that bright color was adorable, but not suitable for the wii. I am trying to find a shower curtain with notes on it or chess pieces or something to hang on that wall that looks so bare now, and in the pictures, the missing door on the bed is glaring. Either I need to paint it white or add a curtain or get hubby to cut the door to fit.

Johanna said...

It looks great!!