Saturday, December 24, 2011

Star Wars Crochet

My oldest sister has always been a bundle of creativity and competency woven together. When my girls were little she made them a doll swing out of macrame. It hung in their bathroom and supported a doll that she had also made--a baby doll with four changeable, embroidered faces. On the shelf behind that sat a ceramic giraffe and a bunny rabbit with silver ears--crafted and painted by their amazing auntie. Somewhere in the attic, those toys are packed away--treasures from the past.

So it didn't really surprise me when my niece posted pictures today of the Christmas present my sister was currently crocheting to be enjoyed by the next generation--my great nephews: A Star Wars Collection!


Here are the droids: C3PO and R2D2.

And Yoda, the little green guy.

This is Obi-wan with a removable cloak.
Chewbacca the Wookie, Hans Solo, and a random Ewok.
Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. (It's easier to see her hair in the group picture.)











The evil Darth Vader with a storm trooper body guard poses midst the trilogies on the shelf.

Boba Fett is still on the spool, but it won't be long before she gets her crochet hooks into him and completes the set.

I don't know where she got the pattern for these, but I've had several people suggest she quit her day job and produce them full time. She's ready to move on to the next challenge--May I humbly suggest LOTR.


And here he is in all his green, orange and black.

2 comments:

aftergrace said...

The creativity gene in your DNA has never ceased to amaze me! I do wish that it had drifted into my DNA-alas I will have to enjoy the fruits of my cousin's great ideas.

Bonnie K. said...

Riley says he would pay good money for any or all of those. I think she has a great business opportunity there!
Makes my fingers & eyes tired imagining trying to make them though.