Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Serendipitous Day

What a glorious surprise to arrive at school today and discover that I hadn't been assigned to help with the achievement tests as usual. Did someone slip up and overlook me? Is there some larger than normal project I should be doing at this time? I don't know. It's a wonderful feeling to have four hours off and, even better yet, my own classroom to myself.  I've taken a walk out to the football complex to retrieve some shirts for the office, graded papers, cleaned my room and washed my desk. 
Do you ever get the feeling that life is just too grand? That surely this much blessing must be a precursor to ominous news? Sometimes I feel like that--that surely happiness is undeserved and I'll be paying for it later. But for now? Well, for now, I'm loving it!

1 comment:

aftergrace said...

You've worked so very hard over the years, perhaps it's just a little well deserved break!