Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Can't Think of Anything but Chicken Fried Steak

Why?
Well because the cafeteria served it for lunch today--the real deal, not some pre-fried soy substitute. I'm sure they had all the trimmings as well--mashed potatoes, cream gravy and a vegetable and maybe even dessert. Normally I can ignore lunch, hide out in my room and eat a package of tuna or a teaspoon of peanut butter substitute. Normally, it's easy to stay on my diet. Today they chicken fried that steak. Its aroma filled the halls. Its aroma still fills the halls. I'm hungry. Next hour the lesson is about Jonah and that large fish. I hate fish. Why didn't the prophets use a chicken fried steak example? On second thought, why didn't I say: "Oh forget the diet!" and go eat chicken-fried steak?

No comments: