Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big Plans

"So do you have big plans for spring break?"
That's the prevailing question from my students and I answer "Yes".

I'm going to...
Clear out the last of the autumn leaves
that crowd my daffodils,
Catch up on grading papers--
yes, everything I assigned.
Launder the winter clothes,
pack them away, and store them in the attic
Do the income tax and e-file it,
for myself and a daughter of mine
Watch my grandchildren in their first
gig at the local nursing home
Visit my parents in real life, instead of just  "online".

Is that big enough?
I think it's rather large compared with all those itty bitty ski trip plans so many people have.

8 comments:

Old Egg said...

Everything is relative isn't it? You get such big satisfaction from doing quite small jobs!

I loved the look of the daffodils in the bed of leaves.

Lisa said...

I bet there will be a sellout crowd at the nursing home gig!

I'm so glad we went skiing in February. The spring break crowds must be dreadful.

Jingle said...

hope that you enjoy a lovely spring break.

awesome wonders on BIG.

Linda May said...

Sounds like you have some big and busy plans in place for the holidays. Enjoy your entry into spring ( my favorite time of year), while we move into autumn down here.

Jae Rose said...

Phew! Those sound like big plans (are you really a grandma? You look so young)..I hope you manage to sit amongst the daffodils as well..Jae

rebecca said...

Well, I for one think your plans are fantastic and PRODUCTIVE and ohhh, how I love productive! I'm in the process of clearing out the fall leaves myself and making the ground ready for new life to make its entrance...

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Nice job putting things in perspective. :)

aftergrace said...

I think actually taking a "spring break" is much better for the soul. Flying around the country fighting crowds is not really a break.