Saturday, November 28, 2009

Still in the Game

Here are some clips of my dad, playing tennis with his son-in-law and his grandsons on Thanksgiving Day. They didn't exactly tear up the court out there, but, since my dad is almost 83 years old, I was just thankful that it was possible at all.

My dad is a pretty awesome guy, and I'm sure, having inherited his genetic qualities, I'll be out on the court myself when I'm a great-grandmother.
Oh wait.
I've never played tennis.
Well, I'll probably be reading up a storm, tearing up the library.
Just you wait and see.





Sunday Scribblings--Games

12 comments:

George S Batty said...

love to see another "older person" still in the game. Tell him Old Grizz is envious

Anonymous said...

OH My ! Hats off to your dad :)

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

I am only 68...when I grow up I want to be like your dad. Any day we wake up on the right side of the grass is a very good day for a game!

b

http://torristravels.blogspot.com/2009/11/some-things-never-change.html

Marja said...

oh they must have had great fun Thanks for sharing

Rinkly Rimes said...

Any elderly gentleman without a paunch looks pretty good to e, and your Dad looks very spry.

Anonymous said...

How nice!God Bless....glad to read that your thanksgiving was awesome.Its been ages since i played pictionary and the two in identical blue guayaberas was just picture perfect.

Jennifer Hicks said...

how wonderful to be active in body, mind, emotion and spirit...thanks for sharing your inspirational dad!

Tumblewords: said...

How nifty! I won't play at 83, either - that's a game I couldn't play at 13. Reading. You've got that right! Great post!

Old Egg said...

There is so much we can still learn from our parents or their example, isn't there? I enjoyed your post immensely.

linda may said...

That is great. he is holding up his age well, better than most I would say. Go Grandpa!

Americanising Desi said...

when there is a will, there is a way and age is only digits :)

Beth Camp said...

Nice combo of pictures and family memories that your words capture with good humor. May you enjoy many more such holidays!