Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My World--Claye's Art Show

My daughter's senior art show was a great success. Lots of people came. We all milled around and visited and ate little cheesecake bites and strawberries and lunch meat and cheese. Here's a few blurry clips taken from the video in small pixels, but you can get some idea of her artwork.




Since the show had to have a title, she picked "My World".
What was supremely ironical was the theme and artwork of the guy she shared the show with: His was called "Fin del Mundo" or "End of the World". Here are the pictures of his art work. It made an interesting juxtaposition for the lobby of the Art Building.



and on to other ironies: Sunday Scribblings prompt for this week was "Art"

13 comments:

Carina said...

Supreme irony, yes. I wonder if he knew what her's would be called before he chose his.

aftergrace said...

Claye is quite talented. I love the busts, the Celtic designs and the paintings. Very nice.

Johanna said...

I agree Claye is very talented. I wish I could have been there.

GreenishLady said...

What beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it with us. Not surprisingly (being Irish), the Celtic knotwork caught my eye, and I'm very impressed.

anthonynorth said...

A most artistic post there. Sometimes the prompts just fit perfectly.

Anonymous said...

That is some art i must say!!
Too good...especially the clay art... so perfect!

danni said...

such beautiful work - she is very gifted(i'm drooling envy!) --- and so interesting the titles of their shows --- small collision in the universe!!!

Tumblewords: said...

Astounding! I love the clay...

Bee Bee said...

The clay art looked so good!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

That is some impressive art.

Anonymous said...

What a sharp contrast your duaghter's works make to the other artist. Her's are so positive, affirming hope in the future. A lovely post for this week's Sunday Scribblings. And, thank you for visiting!

Tammy Brierly said...

WOW! You must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

love that mask.You must be so proud. She is talented!