Thursday, January 1, 2009

Beautiful Bows Handmade by Hazel...and a Tiny Bit of a Song for You

This Christmas all the packages at my parents' house looked like they had been professionally wrapped; It was Hazel again. She had spent hours making elaborate bows--flowers and teensy little bows inside of bows. Well, see for yourself. They were exquisite. Before we opened the presents, we sang together...twenty four voices in the den. It was great...well, I'm sure it lacked something musically, but for earnestness it was superb. After that we visited, or played "Sorry" or "Apples to Apples", or sneaked into the kitchen for little slivers of coconut pie (in the hope that multiple small slices would confuse the calorie count into making an exception to the laws of mathematics--a vain hope, I might add, but it seemed rational in the fog of the day.)

2 comments:

aftergrace said...

I'm so amazed at the work that went into the bows! I guess I should invest more time in packaging presents instead of buying the little stick on kind that usually falls off!
Oh, just the thought of your mom's coconut pie makes me hungry! I'm so jealous.

SunnyBrook said...

Watching her make the bows and little tiny roses and such is really amazing--her fingers are so nimble and swift.