Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Festival


Today's the Pumpkin Festival--A big thing for this little town. There will be food booths selling pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pies, pumpkin fritters and just pumpkins--maybe.

My Juniors have a dunk tank. This is supposed to be a fund raiser. um huh.
One little problem. It's nippy outside. Nobody has agreed to sit up on the chair and be our dunkee.

I'm wondering if we will even cover our fifty dollar investment to rent the spot. I guessing we will have to pay people to be dunked. There. There. Don't be so pessimistic, Lil.

Who's stupid idea was this anyway...oh wait. I think it was mine...back during those scorching summer days of long ago August.

I'm going up there. Pray for me. I have the distinct feeling that I'm going to get dunked...again and again. Glub Glub Glub.

3 comments:

Carina said...

Poor Grandma Lilli! Maybe I should've brought the kids in after all. They would probably enjoy watching Grandma get dunked. Of course then Mommy might've ended up on the plank, and that wouldn't be nearly so funny. =)

tillery said...

Well, Lillibeth, if you DID get dunked, I surely hope that you didn't get too cold.

I don't know if you remember my moment of grand rebellion at Bonham M.S. or not. We were in some sort of dumb competition, and our principal graciously decided that all the teachers of the losing side would kiss a real live hog on the nose. We lost, of course. I actually took a day of personal leave that day. I'm not sure what I would've done if it were a dunking game, but I sure as ever was not going to kiss a pig. :)

aftergrace said...

Ah, the trials and tribulations of being an educator.