Friday, October 3, 2008

A Message in a Meme

"God will always let us see His gracious and triumphant bow when life goes hard. Have we ever noticed how a rainbow arises? The sun suddenly breaks through the clouds with magical brilliance even though the elements are still raging and their wildness has not been allayed"

I've been tagged for a book meme by Babystepper

These were the instructions -

Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.
Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
Tag five other people to do the same.

Ok, I did pass up the two closest ones (contrary to the rules). That's because the first was Symphonie Fantastique--the score--every page was music (my son's book), and the second was the phone book.

The third was an obscure little book I grabbed from the bookshelf in the den. I haven't read it. The author is a guy named Helmut Thielicke and the blurb on the cover says that he was writing to his fellow churchmen in Germany during the Second World War. His life and theirs were in danger. Pretty apt words about the rainbow.

Now whom shall I tag? Hmmm. That's the hardest part.

I'm thinking I blog in a cul-de-sac

4 comments:

Carina said...

You don't have to tag anyone. It's OK.

I like the message in yours. Very apt for the current situation here, I think.

aftergrace said...

Your books sounds wonderful, I like the part about the clouds with magical brilliance. Very nice.

M.T. said...

Hi. My daughter Leah has a photo of you. It is a photo of you as a secret agent, I think. LOL! Anyway, I was wondering if we can sent it to you by email?

Mrs. Ashcraft

Lilibeth said...

Sure. That would be great. I can post it ---after the fact--on the day I wore it, the secret agent costume, that is, not the picture.