Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Arkansas Mornings in May

Arkansas is a beautiful state--all green and flowered and moisty-morninged, and I'm on my way there to take care of my mother-in-law for a while. She is being released from the hospital, but, since that broken vertebra is still healing, she is in a cast and needs supervision. Probably, there will be no internet access, since she doesn't own a computer. I will be reading a lot and using this time to create a curriculum for our Vacation Bible School this summer. We are using our normal background--a Bible times village--but writing our own scripts.

Anyway, I have a couple of "Thursday Thirteens" scheduled to post, but other than that,
you will probably not hear from me until I return.

When I was a little girl we used to attend a church in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico. They ended every service by singing "Una Manana Cristo Vendra". We all shook hands in parting, not in sadness, but in a shared, woven-into-the-soul, joyful hope.

Did I ever tell you how much I love mornings!

1 comment:

Carina said...

I think when he returns he'll make his own morning. Tell Grandma we love her.