Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Words that Describe Me...Thursday Thirteen

This Week for Thursday Thirteen we were asked to choose a letter of the alphabet and then pick thirteen words, beginning with that letter that described us. I chose F.

Frumpy...yes, I'll admit it. I wear clothes like I'm the potatoes in the sack, and I keep the same comfortable shoes until they wear off my feet.

Friendly...only to a point, however.
I detest small talk, but I do smile at people. Does that count?

Family-oriented...I'm one of those who can discuss my family's faults, but don't like it when other people do, because I'm pretty--

Fierce when it comes to defending them. My husband calls me a mama bear.

Faithful. Once I come to a reasoned conclusion on beliefs and loyalties, I'm pretty difficult to shake away. ...
I didn't say impossible, but it takes earthquakes to budge me.


Famished. Usually, I can eat food.
Just about any food.
Therein lies a problem...

Fat. Unless I'm looking in one of those clever mirrors
they put in the dressing rooms of chic clothing stores
to make middle-aged dumpling shaped women
look like celery stalks,
I have to face facts.
Yes, that--all of that-- is little old roly poly me.

Futuristic. I like to launch my dreams way into the future. For instance: "When I'm retired, then I'll learn how to ski." (Skinny chance) or, "I'll sky dive later"...much later...when I'm immortal and don't need a parachute because you never know with parachutes who packed them and manufactured them and they just might not decide to work and then where would I be? Falling screamingly through the atmosphere?
(All you purists wincing out there, I know I sort of corrupted the meaning of the word, but I'm not a purist, or I would have picked the letter "P". Ok?)

Fearful. Can I help it if I have a superb imagination? I can see all those things that could happen and yikes! Life is scary for us dramatic imaginers.

Foreign. Wherever I am, I always feel a little foreign, like I really don't belong on this planet.

Favored. It amazes me that I've been so blessed in this life. I feel like I was born into the hand of God or something. No. not my doing. Just "Who Am I?" to deserve all this? No. not riches or fame or all the usual stuff...just so many people around me who care.

Feisty. Rather like a little chihuahua. Well, a plump little chihuahua that never catches up with the object of its fierch barkings.

Fuddy Duddy--yep, that's me. stuffy. old fashioned and conservative. Well, I'm not quite sure about the stuffy part actually...because every now and then I get all flamboyant and fire-breathing...but not often.

4 comments:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

I like it. And the creative use of Futuristic. What word beginning with P would describe you?

My TT is up, too. I followed the theme, as well.

Robin said...

I love the way you morphed from futuristic into fearful.

You forgot fantastic writer though.

kay said...

Well, you did that beautifully. I suspect you are not as frumpy or fearful or foreign as you claim. You sound much too cute for that! Happy TT!

aftergrace said...

Wow,I feel like I'm reading about myself. The one missing for me is frantic-May is going to be a crazy month.